Terms and Conditions - dog training and behaviour
1. Cancellations - no refunds or reschedules are given, you need to make sure the dates are acceptable to your schedule
2. All payment are to be made up front however some initial fees will be invoiced if agreed by both parties and must be paid within 24 hours prior to the consultation.
3. Cotswold Top Dog Training and Grooming Services Ltd reserves the right to cancel the contract (at any time & with immediate effect) if any dog/s under the contract do not respond well to the therapy plan and/or other dogs (where the continuing of said contract is deemed, by Cotswold Top Dog Training and Grooming Services Ltd, to constitute a risk).
4. All dogs will be exercised on a lead during training walks unless prior agreement has been reached with Cotswold Top Dog Training and Grooming Services Ltd and the disclaimer section of the contract has been signed.
5. The trainer will apply personal judgment and cut short a walk, if necessary, because of extreme weather conditions; including, but not limited to: excessive heat, torrential rain, thunder storms and snow/ice. The decision to do so lays with the judgment of the walker, for the safety of themselves, members of the public, other animals and that of the recipient. In such circumstances the decision to give a refund for that session (either complete or partial) is at the discretion of Cotswold Top Dog Training and Grooming Services Ltd.
6. Although we cannot fully guarantee a 100% success rate with our training methods however we have a high success rate with previous clients who follow and practice our methods in the long term.
7. Our methods are all force free however are never instant and take commitment from the client to work with their dog in the long-term.
8. All dogs that are known to bite other dogs or cause injury need to wear a muzzle, we take no responsibility for dogs who are not muzzled or kept under control, during our session or when working outside of our session. Failure to wear a muzzle when asked may result in termination of your support
9. Cotswold Top Dog Training and Grooming Services Ltd carry comprehensive insurance (Pet Business Insurance); however, any accident or injury during training sessions may not be covered if you have failed to use appropriate equipment or fail to follow all given advice.
10. Dogs must be always kept under control when we enter your premises. Failure to do so and any injury caused by your dog being out of control will be your full responsibility.
11. In some cases Cotswold Top Dog Training and Grooming Services Ltd uses stooge dogs to aid training. You will be responsible for keeping your dog a sufficient and safe distance from the stooge dog and if asked will need your dog to wear a muzzle during these sessions.
12. You are happy for Cotswold Top Dog Training and Grooming Services Ltd to share success stories about my dog via social media and share photos.
13. You are happy to write a testimonial if requested.
14. You agree to report/check in regularly about my dog’s progress through either email, text, or by sharing on our Facebook page or respond to any communication from Cotswold Top Dog Training and Grooming Services Ltd . Continual failure to do so can result in a termination of your support
TERMS AND CONDITIONS : Grooming
Terms and Conditions
Your Dogs Health and Welfare
When your dog is with us, its health and welfare is our main concern at all stages of the grooming process. Should we believe your dog is experiencing any fear or stress at any time, we will where possible employ alternative strategies to alleviate this. T his may require extra time or sessions to overcome this problem.
During grooming it is possible pre-existing conditions are noticed, which you will be informed of, in order you can seek veterinary advice. Extremely rarely accidents can happen whilst grooming, or medical issues can arise. In the unlikely event of this happening you authorise us to seek emergency veterinary treatment.
At Cotswold Top Dog Training and Grooming Services Ltd we operate strictly by appointment. The quoted price includes salon exclusivity. This helps ensure a calm, low risk environment. The only time more than one dog is allowed in the grooming area is when they are from the same household. If you have two dogs, only one of whom is groomed, and they are not used to been apart, the second can remain at our discretion.
Our appointment slots are timed to each individual dog, with a period of time to try and prevent any overlap. This ensures we are not rushing to complete your dog. The appointment time given, is the time we expect to admit you to the salon. If you are early for your appointment, we may not be able to grant you immediate access. Likewise, if you are late, we may have to refuse to groom on welfare grounds. This will incur a fee. Customers who are 30 minutes or more late will be deemed to be a ‘no show’ and charged the full appointment fee. If you leave your dog with us, and are late collecting, this will also incur a fee, as it will impact on the next customer. We ask that everyone shows the same courtesy afforded to you to others.
All quoted prices assume:
The dogs coat is well maintained free from Knots, matts and tangles.
The dog is well behaved, shows no aggression and groomed at our recommended periods.
The dog is not overweight or oversized for the breed.
Whilst we are happy to work with nervous/ timid dogs, these may incur extra charges due to the extra time and handling skills required.
Charges will be incurred for matted coats, those that are poorly maintained, or dogs with fleas. All charges are payable before you leave the salon with your pet. Payment can be made by card, cash or BACS(payment prior to appointment).
Cancellations and No Shows.
We appreciate that sometimes you may need to rearrange your dog's appointment. if this is done with more than 48 hours' notice there will be no charge. Any failure to show or cancellation with less than 24 hours' notice (except in extreme circumsta nces) will result in the full fee been payable, and no further appointments been booked until the account is settled. Cancellations between 24-48 hrs will be charged at half the appointment fee.
Neglected / Matted coats.
We practice humanity before vanity. Should a dog be presented with a matted or neglected coat, if our opinion is that it will be kinder to shave the coat back completely, this will be done in compliance with The Animal Welfare Act 2006 (Sec 5. – Animals are to be protected from pain, injury and suffering) This incurs extra charges due to time and extra wear and tear on equipment.
In instances where the above is necessary, it can lead to skin irritation and other conditions. On some breeds the coat may not grow back in the same manner. Cotsw old Top Dog Training and Grooming Services Ltd and Staff will not be liable for any effects which may arise from this.
Aggressive and Poorly Socialized Dogs
We reserve the right to refuse to groom any dog if we believe it may cause injury to itself or any members of staff at our Salon. If a dog exhibits aggression or behaviour we have not been informed of prior to the groom, the session will be stopped immediately, and the full fee incurred.
We must be informed prior to grooming of any previous history of b iting or aggression. Your attention is drawn to the dangerous dog's act which holds owners liable for bites and Injuries.
Please toilet your dog before attending their appointment to avoid any accidents. Any dog that toilets inside the salon will incur an extra fee for its human.
After each session we will inform you of any problems we have encountered, or any concerns we have re your dog. This is the time to inform us of any concerns you have in relation to the groom. Much of our business is repeat custom, and we wish to maintain our standards and reputation. We often take pictures to show examples of before and after work and to use for training and information. Should you not wish photos of your dog to appear on social media please inform us at the time of the groom. We also ask that should you have a problem; we are approached prior to any negative reviews been left on social media.
Your details are held in confidence by us, as a reference to the safe grooming of your dog. The only time they are shared would be on request by another groomer within the groomers group to allow safe assessment and grooming of your dog.